30 June, 2011

Reviews - Pure and Simple Bistro


We went to Pure and Simple Bistro a couple weeks ago on a whim, and I was pleased to see that it was a good choice. The atmosphere is really comfy (albeit chilly for me), with fresh flowers, and a kind of down-home, low-key decor that I liked.



I had hot tea for a drink, and it was Salada, which I was surprised by, but it was comforting and warm, with a really cute mug and square plate. I'm a sucker for cute dishes.


They serve cool water in a milk jug - awesome!


The shrimp and grit fritters were a spectacular start to the meal. I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed them. The grits offer a different texture than what I expected, but they were flavorful, and the chile sauce was sweet and spicy.

TGW had their Ginger BBQ Chicken, which was delicious. The BBQ sauce on this stuff is spicy and sweet and really rich with flavor.


I had the Seared Ahi Salad, which had fresh fruit (blueberries and strawberries!) and the tuna was perfectly seared. It also had a vinaigrette which was particularly tangy.


For dessert, we had their special ice cream tasters: Bourbon (I think both of us had this as a favorite - amazing), Mint Green Tea (super refreshing, wow!), Avocado (smooth, creamy, and a favorite of mine), Lemon Ginger (tangy and fresh), Balsamic (surprising! I loved it - it was like a creamy balsamic dressing only as ice cream!), and the bizarre one of the bunch: White Cheddar, which took us until the last few bites to figure if we liked it or not. If you're a big white cheddar fan, you'd probably like it, but it was a little too pungent for us, even though it was an interesting taste test!


Pure and Simple was really that - really simple. It has a southern-style menu that's kicked up a notch with some really interesting flavor combinations, it's not too expensive and the atmosphere is comfortable and relaxing, and I really like the feel that these were just people like me running a restaurant. There's something about it that makes me feel like I am at home with my own personal chef! I fully recommend stopping by next time you're out by Cinemark Robinson.



THOUGHTY LOGO © JOHN W. SHELDON 2010. USED WITH PERMISSION. UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

ALL CONTENT WITHIN THIS BLOG AND ANY OF THE ALTERNATE SITES LINKED ARE SUBJECT TO FAIR USE UNDER U.S. COPYRIGHT LAWS. THE OPINIONS AND CONCLUSIONS WITHIN THIS BLOG ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR ONLY, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED, AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO REPRESENT ANY CORPORATION OR OTHER ENTITY.

No comments:

Post a Comment