30 June, 2011

Reviews - Salt of the Earth


salt of the earth

TGW and I went to Salt of the Earth a couple weeks ago, and it was pretty darn fantastic. We had a really excellent time - we got to sit next to the kitchen and watch the food being made, and the service was great. They also have family-style seating (benches and big tables).
I started with their White Whisky, which blew my mind. There are very few drinks in the world that hit me hard like this, and man - it tasted delicious and hit the back of my throat like fire. Loved it.


TGW had an IPA.

The chefs/cooks here are awesome. They even were telling a bunch of the patrons about what the food was, which was really cool.

I liked the silverware...

I then had the Punch, which was fruity and had huge chunks of pineapple in it.

We had the Sea Scallops, which were to die for. Like, holy deliciousness. Buttery, and the crisp (like, literally - I think it was freeze dried) lettuce was wonderful. Everything about this appetizer made me happy.


We also had the snails, which were good - and I liked the sauce quite a bit. However, I found that, like veal, snails are a little too rich for me.



TGW had the Salmon, which was cooked perfectly and even I liked it! I loved the avocado with it - a really great combo.


I had the Flank Steak, which I could eat every day for the rest of my life. Seriously. It was perfectly cooked, and the chimchurri was lovely.


I then had the Bourbon, which I think is one of my favorite drinks ever. It was so creamy and smooth - the egg white really made such a difference. I would go back to Salt just for this drink... well, and the steak, and scallops, and... everything.



For dessert, we had the White Chocolate. It's described as having lavender, honey, argan, and pistachio. I am not typically a fan of white chocolate, but it was really amazing, especially with the sweet honey and pistachios. The lavender was light, but it was there. Definitely worth a try if you like custard-like textures and creaminess. Yum!




I also had their Vodka cocktail, which is hands-down amazifying. There are rose petals in it, and it's like drinking a flower - in a good way! It's just sweet enough and just light enough that it went wonderfully with the dessert, and really refreshed me for the end of the meal.

I would certainly recommend Salt to anyone. It's a high price point, but I really think it was worth it, and waiting many months to go was tough, but I think in the end, it was a great place to celebrate.



THOUGHTY LOGO © JOHN W. SHELDON 2010. USED WITH PERMISSION. UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

ALL CONTENT WITHIN THIS BLOG AND ANY OF THE ALTERNATE SITES LINKED ARE SUBJECT TO FAIR USE UNDER U.S. COPYRIGHT LAWS. THE OPINIONS AND CONCLUSIONS WITHIN THIS BLOG ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR ONLY, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED, AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO REPRESENT ANY CORPORATION OR OTHER ENTITY.

No comments:

Post a Comment