10 June, 2011

Thor, X-Men: First Class and Easy A

These'll be quick ones: MINOR SPOILERS!




Thor was super fun. Was the plot incredible? Not nearly as amazing as Chris Hemsworth's pecs, but it was entertaining. I loved the effects, and it was nice to see Natalie Portman in a fun, less serious role that didn't leave her wooden and uninteresting. Kat Dennings was adorable. Chris Hemsworth was very convincing as Thor, and all in all, I think it's worth seeing. 

Easy A was hilarious, well-written, and the acting was great. I enjoyed every bit of the movie, and man, Emma Stone is brilliant. Also, I will never stop loving Amanda Bynes. I don't think it's possible. It's a great take on what it's like to be ostracized as a teenager, and how to come out of it in a better place than most of us did.

X-Men: First Class was... amazing. Seriously. I loved the hell out of this movie. I missed Patrick Stewart, I really did, but I think that James McAvoy did a great job as Charles Xavier, and Michael Fassbender made me lustier than a bar wench staring at a bag of gold coins. I didn't like Moira MacTaggart any more than I do in the comics (and as always, Mystique was appropriately hate-able), I love love LOVE Banshee (Caleb Landry Jones, who should be in more) and Havoc (Lucas Till = genuine cutie), and adored Darwin (played by Edi Gathegi, who I love in EVERYTHING he is in), and found that the kid playing Beast (Nicholas Hoult) actually had the chops for it.
Kevin Bacon made me hate him the minute I saw him, and it was appropriate, so good job. The effects were good, the story changes were appropriate for an audience unaware of the background, and I found it to be a really fun film altogether. I intend to watch it again and buy it for sure. I hope there is much more to come from this set of actors in this story. Also, (potential spoiler!)                                              
BEST HUGH JACKMAN CAMEO EVER. 


So that's that. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment