10 June, 2011

A short excerpt from my story

I'm working on a horror story that is, yes, first-person and the main character is me, but it's an alt-verse. This is one of my favorite parts, so I'd like to share it with you.
The neighbor does something, but I don't see what it is, and Hank yelps and jumps out of the way. I jump back, but I fall onto the swing. I can't steady myself, but the neighbors hands are real steady on my neck, and I can see the pain again. The neighbor is uglier than sin when he doesn't have any skin, and his screaming insides are burning me all over. This time my breath isn't choking me, but his palms crushing my windpipe feel like a vice.



Hank is barking all bright in the background and John is blazing like propane torches, pulling the neighbor off of me and shoving the guy over the porch side. We forget him for a moment while John tries to make sure I'm not dead, I think, but once I'm breathing, he goes to check on the other guy. The neighbor just dusts himself off, waves politely, and walks away.

As always, this is my work, so please feel free to share it, with proper credit. 

-Brie 

No comments:

Post a Comment