18 May, 2012

Feel-Good

Today, I came into the office and found on my desk a note from a VP at one of my company's remote locations. On the back was a note, thanking me for helping her and her admin with creating an organization chart. While I hadn't been at my desk when she arrived, the guy who sits next to me said that she was very appreciated. As is appropriate, I sent a thank you e-mail and followed up with a phone call - and instead of reaching her, I reached her admin, who I had originally been helping out. She was very nice and said she was so happy I'd helped her. even without knowing her - noting that in many workplaces she had been, people were loath to help her if they didn't know her. 

I did this work for her in support of my work with the admin-focused website I run at work, which I helped to create and for which I act as sole administrator. It is not really in my job description, and it's not something that is even that well-known, but a lot of people use the site and remote admins can go there for information that they wouldn't otherwise be able to easily access. It is rare that anyone up-top will see this work, since it's all on the admin level. But, this time, someone did.

It really made my day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment