06 October, 2011

1955-2011

There are a lot of things I would like to say about Steve Jobs. Most of them have already been said. He was a brilliant man who changed the world from his parent's basement. He was an inspiration for people who don't know where they're going or how they're going to get there, but they just DO things. Jobs never stopped going or trying. If every geek living in their basement was like Steve Jobs, the world would be a much better, more advanced and more amazing place than it already is.
I will seriously miss his presence, and I hope his legacy never ends.

ETA: My "Remembering Steve" e-mail:


I have had a few Apple products. An iPad that I won in a raffle is the most recent, but there were two that were more important. For our first wedding anniversary, my husband bought me a silver iPod Nano with the words "Happy Anniversary" on the back. I still have it, and will never replace it so long as it works. My first laptop was a Macbook. Just the cheapest, lowest cost white Macbook there was back in 2006, and it was refurbished, too. But, that computer kept me in contact with my husband for his whole deployment, and I only just gave in and sent it for recycling - the thing still worked, would you believe it?

I will remember Steve Jobs as a brilliant man who made a massive impact on the modern world. The last few decades have seen the change he made in the world. From the people, to business, to technology - he touched so many different aspects of what I see when I look around. I am proud to have been a part of a generation that had access to Apple products, and that was exposed to Steve's wisdom and creativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment